Getting older means a lot of changes for the body. As early as our mid-20s, our metabolisms begin to slow, and unwanted fat slowly develops around the body. Even those who diet and exercise aren't immune to stubborn pockets of fat. Depending on one's genetics and propensity for fat storage, you may lead a healthy, active lifestyle and still succumb to unsightly bulges in embarrassing areas. For some people, the area in which fat grows is the mons pubis or pubic mound.
Fortunately, at Avalon Lipo & Aesthetics, cosmetic surgeon Dr. Reza Tirgari uses his extensive experience with advanced forms of liposuction to combat these unattractive fatty areas to give you the confidence of a slimmer and trimmer physique. This includes the fat on your pubic mound as well.
If you have unwanted fat above your pubic area that causes you distress or embarrassment, please contact us today by filling out the form on this page or by calling us at 619-436-5224 to schedule your free consultation. We proudly provide liposuction services to those who live in and near San Diego and Carlsbad, California.
What is the Pubic Mound?
During adolescence, and especially around the time of puberty, many women begin to develop small pockets of fat above their pubic bone in the area called the mons pubis, commonly referred to as the pubic mound.
This rounded deposit of fatty tissue forms naturally over the pubic bones and varies in size depending on the level of hormones and body fat one has. Generally, once the pubic hair grows, this area is covered and becomes less noticeable but for some women the pubic mound can enlarge to a size that is embarrassing, even making it difficult to wear some clothes comfortably.
While this deposit of fat is natural, there are some factors that can lead to the enlargement of this area, including:
Some men even find they develop fat in this area and opt to have treatment to help them create a slimmer and more attractive pubic area.
Pubic Mound Liposuction Consultation
Fortunately, we offer liposuction to address this area to decrease the severity of the mound. Dr. Tirgari will go over all of the procedure's details with you during your consultation so you understand what to expect with this treatment.
He is well-versed and experienced with advanced methods of liposuction and was trained under the founder of tumescent liposuction. Dr. Tirgari uses a combination of SmartLipo, which is considered the most advanced liposuction technique, laser liposuction, as well as tumescent liposuction to maximize the benefits of each technique and provide you with safe and effective results.
Which methods he uses will be determined after your examination and in your consultation. During this time, he'll make sure that you're a candidate for liposuction. We take patient safety seriously and make sure you qualify for the treatment. Ideal candidates for liposuction include those who:
- Are in good overall health
- At or near a healthy weight
- Have no serious illnesses or diseases
- Have firm and elastic skin
- Are not pregnant or planning to be in the immediate future
- Are non-smokers or who can quit prior to, during, and after the procedure
- Have realistic expectations for the outcomes
What to Expect After the Procedure
As with any cosmetic procedure, we want you to have an idea of what to expect so you can plan your recovery accordingly. While recovery periods and results may vary by individual, most people can generally expect the following after their procedure:
- You may return to work within a few days. Dr. Tirgari will outline exactly how long you should stay home after your procedure
- You can expect some minor swelling and possible bruising of the treated area for up to two weeks post-procedure
- You may experience mild pain and discomfort for up to 10 days after the procedure
- You should refrain from sexual intercourse for at least two weeks after the procedure to allow time for healing
- You should avoid any strenuous activities for a few weeks to promote healing. Dr. Tirgari can give you a better idea how long after your procedure
- You may need to wear a special support underwear or garment to help minimize swelling and promote healing
Contact Our Cosmetic Surgeon Today
If you have a buildup of fat in your pubic area that you would like to take care of, please contact us at Avalon Lipo & Aesthetics today at 619-436-5224 to schedule your free consultation. We proudly provide liposuction services to those who live in and near San Diego and Carlsbad, California.