Post-Liposuction Diet Recommendations
After liposuction or any cosmetic and medical procedure, it is important for your body to heal. When it comes to liposuction which addresses excess fat of the body, it is even more important to follow a healthy post-treatment diet to promote both healing and prevent excess weight gain that could potentially jeopardize the look you have been trying to achieve with liposuction in the first place.
During your lipo treatment at Avalon Lipo & Aesthetics with Dr. Reza Tirgari and his team, you will be advised as to which foods to eat and which ones to avoid both prior to and after your liposuction treatment in San Diego or Carlsbad.
In general, the following foods should be avoided for an extended period of time after liposuction surgery.
- Saturated fat – this is fat that is solid at room temperature and is found in most animal and animal by products as well as fried and processed foods. To learn more about saturated fats, please visit the American Heart Association website.
- Sugar – sugar and sugary food may cause gain weight and defeat the purpose of your liposuction procedure. Likewise, sugar is low in vitamins and nutrients and will not offer any benefit to the healing process of the body.
- Salty foods – You should avoid salty foods for at least two to fours months after liposuction. Sodium is known to cause inflammation in the body, thereby affecting the healing process. However, you can use sodium substitutes such as natural herbs and spices.
- Alcohol – alcoholic beverages can negatively interact with any post-treatment medication that you are taking as well as cause dehydration. You should avoid alcohol for at least 10 to 14 days post-procedure. Instead, you should consume healthy amounts of water and natural juices to aid your body in the healing process as well as flush out any toxins associated with medication and the procedure.
However, there are plenty of foods that you should eat post-procedure that will help you heal and maintain the maximum results of your lipo procedure. These include:
- Liquids: water, juices and smoothies
- Fish for omega-3 fatty acids
- Nuts and legumes
- Healthy grains
- Lean, natural proteins
After your procedure, Dr. Tirgari and his team will discuss the details of your pre-and-post liposuction diet and give you tips on how to speed up the healing process as well as maintain the best results possible. You will also receive guidance on post-surgery exercise and physical activities.
As you prepare for your procedure or if you are just doing your research, please keep in mind that the best way to achieve the best aesthetes results is to take your lifestyle into considerations, especially when it comes to your diet, alcohol consumption and physical activity levels.
For more information about liposuction in San Diego or Carlsbad, please peruse the pages of this website or contact us directly. We will be more than happy to answer any additional questions you may have.