One area of the body that begins to lose its shape as you get older is your arms. As the skin loses its natural elasticity it begins to sag. Add to that a loss in muscle mass and fat development and your arms may look drastically different than they did in your youth. If you’ve recently lost a significant amount of weight your arms may sag as well. Both can cause you to feel self-conscious while wearing sleeveless clothing.
At Avalon Lipo & Aesthetics, our goal is to help you achieve confidence by loving yourself and your body. Led by our experienced liposuction surgeon Dr. Reza Tirgari, we offer arm liposuction to address issues of excess fat and sagging in your arms. By using the latest advanced techniques and equipment, you can enjoy the benefits of sculpted arms with fewer risks and shorter recovery times.
If you’re interested in learning more about arm liposuction, contact us today at 619-463-5224 to schedule a free consultation. We proudly provide body contouring solutions to those who live in San Diego, Oceanside, Carlsbad, nearby areas of Southern California.
Benefits of Liposuction for Your Arms
Whether you have excess skin and fat on your arms due to genetics, the aging process, or after considerable weight loss, we have advanced liposuction techniques to help. Dr. Tirgari has trained under some of the leading liposuction surgeons and uses his extensive experience to provide you with the best options to achieve your aesthetic goals.
At Avalon Lipo & Aesthetics, we offer three advanced liposuction techniques for addressing areas of excess fat on the body. These include:
- Laser liposuction: An advanced technique that uses thermal energy to melt fat away with fine precision, making the removal of fat simple. This technique uses smaller incisions compared to traditional liposuction.
- Tumescent liposuction: This widely-used technique uses a special tumescent anesthesia to lessen pain and bleeding in the treatment areas. Dr. Tirgari trained under the founder of tumescent liposuction.
- SmartLipo: This less-invasive liposuction approach combines the above two techniques for the best results.
Each of the advanced liposuction techniques we use at Avalon LIpo & Aesthetics does not require the use of general anesthesia. Rather, local anesthesia is used so that you can be awake during the procedure so as to alert the doctor of any pain or discomfort you might be experiencing. Local anesthesia also means that your postoperative recovery period is shorter.
The benefits of using these advanced techniques of liposuction to sculpt and tone your arms include:
- Less invasive than traditional liposuction
- Shorter post-surgery recovery period
- Localized anesthesia helps eliminate pain in treatment areas
- Produces a firming effect that helps avoid skin sagging after surgery
- Smaller incisions mean no stitches
- Risks are minimized
Arm Liposuction Candidates
As with any cosmetic procedure, it’s important to have an evaluation of your current health status to determine your eligibility for the treatment. At Avalon Lipo & Aesthetics, safety is of utmost importance to us so that we select the right procedure for you to achieve the results you desire.
It’s important to note that liposuction is not meant as a weight loss solution, but rather a means to help you trim and tone areas of the body that have stubborn areas of fat. Individuals who make good candidates for liposuction include those who:
- Are at or near a healthy weight
- Do not suffer from any serious medical conditions
- Do not suffer from blood clotting issues
- Are in good health
- Have good, elastic skin
- Do not smoke or can quit prior to and after the procedure
Arm Liposuction Procedure
After your health and candidacy has been evaluated and it’s been determined you’re a good fit for arm liposuction, we will go over the steps of the procedure so that you understand fully what to expect. The liposuction procedure may vary depending on the individual and the technique used, but is generally as follows:
- Preparation: We’ll begin by cleaning and marking the areas on your arm that will be treated. Next, a local anesthetic is applied to numb the treatment area. Mild discomfort can be felt when the local anesthetic is injected into the target areas, but numbing generally takes place within a minute. If you’re experiencing anxiety prior to or during the surgery, you’ll be given a mild sedative to help you relax. You’ll remain conscious throughout the procedure to allow you to communicate your needs and concerns to the surgeon should you need to do so.
- Surgery: Once you are comfortable and numb, Dr. Tirgari will then start melting and suctioning the fat deposits from your arms. During this process, the body will also be triggered to produce collagen. This protein will add to the tightening effect on the treated area. The procedure may last from 40 minutes to an hour depending on the amount of fat to be reduced.
- Recovery: You’ll be given adequate time to rest after having the surgery, but you will be able to leave the clinic on the same day. Dr. Tirgari will prescribe pain medications to alleviate any discomfort that may persist in the following days. You may be able to go back to work after two to three days of having the liposuction surgery on your arms.
As you recover, you will need to follow all of our postoperative instructions. This may include wearing your surgical garments, proper wound healing, proper shower care, and limiting movement, especially vigorous exercise.
Your incisions will heal over time without any scarring, and the results will be visible right away and will continue to improve. Most of our San Diego arm liposuction patients experience final results within a month after surgery.
Contact Avalon Lipo & Aesthetics Today
Dr. Tirgari takes care of each patient as a unique case. He’ll listen to all your concerns and will work with you in creating the best possible solution to your problems. We are proud to say that we’ve already delivered a lot of solutions to our highly satisfied liposuction patients, which can be viewed in our before and after gallery, and we are excited to bring outstanding results to you.
If you wish to achieve more toned arms, give us a call at 619-463-5224 to schedule a free consultation. Our friendly staff is happy to answer your questions. We provide service to the areas of San Diego, Oceanside, Carlsbad, nearby areas of Southern California.