Body Contouring FAQ
Is liposuction my best option for body contouring?
Liposuction has come a long way in recent years, with improved systems, smoother results, and faster recovery time. There is no better way to recontour your body than with our advanced liposuction systems at Avalon. To be a good candidate you should:
- Be in good general health
- Be within a 30% range of your ideal weight
- Have good skin elasticity
- Be at a stable weight
If you meet these criteria, you can expect your results to be excellent. You can expect a sculpted, beautiful body without being left with an excess of loose skin.
What are the different types of liposuction available?
Different types of liposuction available include:
- Smart Lipo: considered the most advanced and least invasive option for liposuction available, Smart Lipo uses laser heat energy to tighten the skin and loosen fat to enhance the ease and results of the procedure.
- ThermaLipo: also known as laser lipo, ThermaLipo combines Thermage skin tightening with tumescent liposuction to enhance your body contouring results.
- Tumescent Lipo: tumescent liposuction uses a solution that contains a small percentage of lidocaine and epinephrine to anesthetize the area and shrink capillaries to minimize damage and bruising.
How do I know what type of liposuction is right for me?
During your consultation with Dr. Tirgari, the best type of liposuction will be determined based on what you hope to achieve, and your current body condition. A combination of laser liposuction and tumescent liposuction is often the most effective option.
How much fat is removed in body contouring?
The amount of fat removed depends entirely on your body contouring goals and the amount of excess fat in an area. The maximum of one to two liters of fat can be extracted per treatment area with a combined maximum of 5 liters (or roughly 11 pounds) of fat per treatment session. Limiting the quantity of fat extracted is an essential aspect of patient safety.
What is the recovery time like?
Recovery time from our liposuction treatments typically takes two to three days before you are ready to venture out. Our advanced lipo treatments are less invasive than traditional liposuction, with less stress, as you will not need general anesthesia, which adds to recovery time.
What can I expect after treatment?
You will be able to return home after your San Diego body contouring session, driven by another adult, as you may feel tired and groggy. You will feel some discomfort and have some swelling and bruising, but you should be able to return to your work or other activities in two to three days. Any discomfort can be managed with over the counter pain medication in most cases.
When will I see the results?
The body-slimming results are visible immediately after your treatment and continue to improve as the residual swelling disappears.
How long will the results last?
The results can be long-lasting when maintained with an active, healthy lifestyle and diet. The results will vary from person to person, based on how your body gains weight and your lifestyle.
Which areas can receive body contouring treatments?
Our body contouring procedures target the following areas:
- Tummy/ abdomen
- Hips and love handles
- Upper arms