How Do I Prepare for Liposuction?
Liposuction can be a life-changing procedure that helps you achieve a more appealing, contoured figure. Lipo continues to be one of the most effective body sculpting treatments. As with any medical procedure, being prepared for liposuction will help speed your recovery so you can enjoy the results!
Once your lipo treatment is scheduled, we will provide you with detailed instructions to follow before your treatment. Generally, the preparations are simple, and include:
One week before
- Arrange a friend, family member, or other trusted adult to drive you home after the procedure and help you for the first night.
- Stock up on items you will need and place them in easy-to-access locations that don’t require bending or reaching. You will want to minimize your physical motions for at least the first day.
- If you smoke, you need to stop at least a week before the procedure.
- Do not drink alcohol for at least one week before surgery, as well as the week after. Alcohol consumption can increase bruising and prolong the healing process.
- Do not take any medication that may thin your blood, such as ibuprofen or aspirin.
- Avoid supplements that have blood-thinning properties or could and interact with the anesthesia.
The night before
- Do not eat or drink anything for at least eight hours before the procedure as directed.
- You should bathe and wash your hair, as you will be unable to bathe or shower for a day or two after the procedure.
- Do not shave the areas to be treated.
The day of
When the day arrives, you should put on loose-fitting, comfortable clothing. Do not wear any jewelry, or apply skincare products, creams, or cosmetics. You will need to give us the phone number of your prearranged ride, and we will take it from there.
Once we have begun, you can be confident that we will take the excellent care of you, and that you will be comfortable and relaxed. At Avalon Lipo and Aesthetics, we pride ourselves in putting your comfort, safety, and wellness first – so you can confidently look forward to the gorgeous, natural-looking results!